Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Plugging Fast

DCart

Jun 30, 2019
Havelock, NC
Moved from here.

Our fill water (city) also had a high iron content. The sand filter cleared it up. Before we got the new pump/sand filter we were using the small cartridge filter and it was pretty much worthless.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I just set up my intext sand filter 1 day ago. When I first turned it on it ran fine and then about 2 hours later the water gs,oing back into the pool starting slowing down to a stop. I backed washed a couple times and it work for about 2 hours and then did the same thing. I've checked all the lines, looked for any leeks and didn't see any. I was wondering if it's just something that happens. I tried it on a continuous cycle and it still happed, then changed it to a 4 hour cycle and it still happened. Any suggestions? I'm at my wits end. I'm planning on calling the manufacturer tomorrow. Think maybe a pool place might be able to help figure it out?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

What was the source of the water you filled with?
What does the water look like now?

Usually the behavior you describe is the filter doing its job and capturing stuff in the water.

Put the filter in recirculate mode and see if it slows down the output.
Check the pre-filter on the sand pump when the output slows down. If you are getting air in the line it will burn up the filter motor.

If there is no air getting in the motor/water line and recirculate works fine for hours on end then you have an issue in your sand filter media.
What kind of sand/material did you use? How did you set it up?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.