Intex Deluxe Skimmer and vacuum hook up????????

Aug 1, 2017
Montague
Been back and forth to local pool store with hoses and adapters but cannot figure out what fits to the blue hose connector that comes with the Intext Deluxe Wall Mount Skimmer???? I just want to easily vacuum my AG pool.

I thought that having the wall mounted skimmer would help cutdown on bugs/surface debris (which it has a little) AND allow me to use a vacuum hose and head, but neither the 1.25 or 1.5 hoses fit the blue wall mount hose connector.

I already purchased a traingular vacuum head and adjustable pole. I returned the 1.25 inch and an adapter. I currently have a 1.5 hose suitable for the size of my pool.

How can I use a vacuum head and pole to vacuum this pool either with or without the skimmer hooked up???

I should mention...in the meantime, I can't find the original strainer connector that pairs with the strainer grid I unscrewed to install the Deluxe Wall Mount Skimmer. DOH. (Is it possible I had to use it to hook up the inlet that came with the sand filter??) So I can't take the blue adapter out until I either find that or order a replacement.

Unless there is something else that adapts to the outlet hose AND connects to a 1.25 or 1.5 hose????

I am also re-reading manuals and according to the Wall Mount manual, my blue part, which I thought was Hose Adaptor B, did not screw into the strainer connector-it just inserted into the outlet hose that runs to the filter. I will try and take a quick picture and post shortly.

Ok-here is the piece I have. I have removed it from inside the pool for the picture, but you can see it has a piece that goes into my outlet hose when it is in position in the pool. The hose that came with my wall mounted skimmer fits perfectly onto the end inside the pool. Is there a vacuum hose that fits this? I tried my hardest to get the 1-1/4 inside the end to no avail. And the 1-1/2 is so darn close, but I just can't get it over the end and am afraid I will crack it. I truly don't think it wil fit. I just checked my Amazon purchase of it from back in June and their picture includes the one without the "male" part. I am very confused right now.

image1.jpg

Yes! So that allows you to vacuum into your skimmer basket?

Darn. Just read reviews on Amazon for this one and it does not fit the Intex skimmer.

Well, I just went out and measured mine... it IS 7", and fits my Intex Deluxe skimmer perfectly.
I have been using it for the past 4 years without issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok then. I will order it. Fingers crossed my skimmer is the same version as yours. I will measure it shortly to see.
I read that people remove the basket to vacuum. Do you?
Thx!!!!!!

I don't remove either the basket, or the blue ring on top... that way if there is anything big enough for the basket to catch before it hits the filter, it make cleanup easier.

I lower the skimmer to its lowest setting before placing the adapter on it so it doesn't fill with air.

Seriously? Does it fit over the blue adaptor or does it go into it?
Thx!

I haven't used mine in a few years after getting the intex robot, but mine went into the blue adapter. It wasn't a tight fit but the suction was enough to keep the hose stuck in there.

Intex stuff is very much plug and play so it is surprising that it's not working.

My advise, get the intex robot for 50 bucks and never use the vacuum again...

I never used an adapter. I used to just unscrew the piece on the wall that the short skimmer-to-wall hose was attached to then just stick the end of my vacuum hose right in the hole in the pool. It's not a perfect fit but the pump suction holds it in.

As a matter of fact, even though I've switched to standard 1.5 in Hayward fittings, I still don't have anything officially attached to the wall of the pool. The hose comes out of the bottom of the skimmer and just sticks in the Hayward fitting. This works for me because I run my pump 24/7. If I had the pump on a timer, the hose for the skimmer would fall out when it went off.

Note, if you use the vacuum hose directly into the side of the pool option I would strongly recommend that you are careful to only vacuum small things or use an inline Leaf canister.

My current vacuum setup for manual vacuuming is using the hose that came with my Hayward aquabug which allows me to put an inline Leaf canister in between the hose sections and the triangle vacuum head on a pole. The end of the hose has the cone on it and I stick it into the hole of the side of the pool. No problems at all. :)

Well, the skimmer plate did not work for my floating intex skimmer. It just wouldn't stay on there and even when I had my daughter hold it in, there was not enough suction. There are different versions of the intex skimmer so I guess that's the problem.

I am getting ready to pull to trigger on the intex robot and am reading reviews now. Thx.

Hey Beens-curious, what size hose fit right into the hole in the side of the pool for you?

aa5941aca34aff67e18bb9df49a7f5b1.jpg
3f2b065c93c9541edf06ab770b49c170.jpg

Do you not have the blue screw-on hose adapter that goes on the second suction port before the pump? My 18 x 48 intex has 2 suction ports and 1 return port. I use the rubber cap to place in the skimmer housing hole and attach my pool vacuum hose to the blue hose adapter that I screwed onto my second suction port. No other hoses or adapters are needed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.