Intex 9x18 - Filter & Sal

kasperb2

Apr 26, 2020
New Jersey
Hi All,

My first Intex 9x18 pool is on the way and based on feedback I've read so far on TFP it's recommended to upgrade the sand filter. In addition, I'd also like to install a salt water system. Is it recommended to buy a separate filter and salt water system, or should I consider getting a combination unit?

The options I'm considering:
1) Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 16-inch, 110-120V with GFCI (~$329) - Pump flow 3k
2) Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) for up to 7000-Gallon Above Ground Pools (~$200)
3) Intex 26679EG Krystal Clear 2150 GPH Pump & Saltwater Sand Filter Saltwater System (~$275) - Pump flow 2.6k

Appreciate your feedback!

I have the combo on my pool. I used it on my 12 foot pool the last 2 years and on my 15 foot this year. The one I have is the 1500 gph, and it works great for my pool (about 3900 gallons). The only thing I don't like about the combo is that I have to manually go out and change it from swg to just run the filter if I want to run the filter/pump longer than I need to run the swg. I don't think you have to do that with separate units. Other than that (which isn't a big deal for me) I can't say anything bad about the unit. It was easy to set up for someone coming in to this without any knowledge regarding pools. Hopefully others will chime in about the other options you posted.

I have the combo on my pool. I used it on my 12 foot pool the last 2 years and on my 15 foot this year. The one I have is the 1500 gph, and it works great for my pool (about 3900 gallons). The only thing I don't like about the combo is that I have to manually go out and change it from swg to just run the filter if I want to run the filter/pump longer than I need to run the swg. I don't think you have to do that with separate units. Other than that (which isn't a big deal for me) I can't say anything bad about the unit. It was easy to set up for someone coming in to this without any knowledge regarding pools. Hopefully others will chime in about the other options you posted.

Thanks for your response - I've gone ahead and ordered the combo pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.