Intex 26' going up

I agree- the pool school is great. The water/chemicals part of it is still new territory to me- I'm waiting on my first TF100 test kit to arrive in mail. I went ahead and put my salt in, and am just running the pump a good bit and putting enough clorine and stabilizer in to keep things straight til I get test kit.

I just went with the salt and CYA recommendations in the intex literature right off the bat. I have the CYA in a sock hanging from a noodle. I had seen some folks also recommend about 1/4 gallon of liquid chlorine a day until you get the test kit to keep things in line.

I got a line on a 'doheny' 19" sand filter locally. Is it a decent option on a sand filter? I looked it up, seems to have good reviews. Anyone know who manufactures it? Any reason to steer clear of it assuming it is in good condition? Price they are asking for it is about 70% of a new one.

I started up my 18" Intex ultra frame in June. Is there a consensus on the best base for the pool after leveling? I simply have grass, which is a little uneven but soft and acceptable. I will probably take it down in the fall (Nebraska) and work a bit more on the leveling, as I am about an inch off from settling on the side I filled and compacted. Do you think pavers or wood under the legs a good idea? The legs all sank a bit, but did it in a reasonably symmetric fashion.

My next step after this is a partial deck!

I used pavers- I was concerned about Iegs sinking where I had built up low side. So far, they have not sunk any.

I went with the blue 3/4" foam from Lowes over my compacted dirt. It feels nice. It was a bit of money, and added work, but I do not regret it.

I hear you about the deck- access with just the ladder is miserable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.