Intex 1600 pump station and sand filter - VERY LOW PSI

No extension cord. I have a direct line from the exterior electrical panel to the backyard for the pool.

Here is another piece to the puzzle - after I called Intex and they sent warranty claim and I submitted my receipt I went back outside and tried turning it on again. I read on another post about overheating so I put a pool float over it for shade. 30 minutes later the filter was working. We hooked up the vacuum and cleaned the pool. It's still running. Sound okay too. I just don't get it sometimes!

Is it overheating from the sun? It wasn't even hot here this morning. We are having a 90 degree cold snap. Very rare for us in San Antonio.

How does it sound, Is it loud? I leave my pump running almost 24/7 and have only seen it over heat due to the front bearing letting go. Also that hum noise could have been your bearing sticking and holding the shaft from spinning, Which could have quickly caused an over heat. Keep an ear on the sound if it starts getting louder it will need new bearings.

I haven’t seen this possibility so if it’s here, I apologize. I found that (apparently) one time while lifting the pump valve piece off I got sand in the inside which filtered into the fingers and clogged them up. They screw out so check all them. My pump is back up and running!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.