Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Good morning,

I have an older Hayward H400 heater that gets an SF code sometimes, then other times it just goes away.
Is there anything I can do first that doesn't involve opening up the heater and replacing the sensor?
I am not opposed to replacing the sensor, I just have to figure out which one to get.

Thanks,

W

Welcome to TFP.

You can check the wiring to the temperature sensors and see that no critters chewed on them.

Welcome to TFP.

You can check the wiring to the temperature sensors and see that no critters chewed on them.

No visible signs of an animal chewing on it, so it looks like I am replacing the sensor. That stinks, this system is older and who knows what is going to need replaced.

Good morning to everyone again. I replaced the heaters temperature sensor, and all seemed good for a while but I am still getting that SF code on occasion. Could it be another issue or is it possible I bought a bad sensor? I installed the sensor and all was good for a few weeks, but not it's giving me fits again.

Maybe it is infant mortality.

Was it a Hayward part or a knockoff?

Try another sensor.

Maybe it is infant mortality.

Was it a Hayward part or a knockoff?

Try another sensor.

Thanks for the reply, from my understanding it was a hayward part.
I am going to first go with your suggestion of trying another part, and seeing if that fixes things.
It's the funniest thing because it did work flawlessly for a few weeks, then it threw that SF code again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.