North NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have two intermatic timers, a 104r and 101r. Both timers are connected to the same circuit at the electrical panel.

I recently replaced the time clock for the 101 timer (old gears were stripped) and now the timer gains about an hour over the course of a 24 hour period. The 104 timer keeps the correct time so I don't think it's a power issue.

Both the old motor and new are model #wg1570, suffix for old one was -5 and new one is -15. My understanding is the suffix is just for the hardware revisions and can be ignored.

Any reason why the new motor may be running fast other than a defect? Curious if anyone else has a suggestion

Thanks!

You are correct, 104 is wired to a 240v circuit and 101 is wired to a 120v circuit, don't know what I was thinking when I typed my original post...

From what I read it could potentially be an issue with the power supply but I'm not aware of any electrical issues with the panel. Any ideas what I should look for?

I think the motors are different with different voltages stamped on the back although they both say WG1750-5 ...

Your two links are to two different motors. One for the T104 and one for the T101.

WG1573-10D
208-277 VAC, 60 Hz Motor for T102, T104, T106, T172, T174, WH40

See 208V/277V stamped on the motor

13212-11831.ashx

WG1570-10D 125 VAC, 60 Hz Motor for T101, T103, T105

See 125V stamped on the motor
12374-11827.ashx

I agree, that's what I was saying. I was referring to the Amazon links you posted, 1st one was correct for 101 timer 2nd one was for a different model timer.

The 104 timer is working fine, I did not replace that time clock.

I just replaced the motor for the 101 timer and this is the one that is giving me issues. The correct voltage is being supplied to both timers (240 and 120 respectively), the 104 is fine the 101 runs fast.

I installed the correct replacement motor for the 101 timer.

May just be a bad motor.

I called up Intermatic and they said the only reason a clock would gain time is if the motor is detective.

Zoro sent out a replacement today and told me to keep the old one. Will report back once I install the new NEW motor

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just to close this out, new time clock arrived and the timer now keeps accurate time. Both intermatic and zoro had great customer service (y)

Did they replace the entire mechanicals or just the motor?

When I say motor I am referring to the time clock which includes the electric motor and the gear assembly. I don't think you can buy those pieces separately, when I submitted a warranty claim for the time clock they just sent me an all new unit which included the motor and gears.

Other than the time clock l don't think there are really aren't any other parts except the two gears attached to the dial itself, those are still original.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.