Intermatic T104P3 - New motor or whole assembly?

MTK239

Nov 11, 2019
Naples, FL
After getting a new pool pump, I made the mistake of loosening the on/off pins on my timer, but didn't fully removed them so it would run 24 hours the first few days. When I checked the system days later, I realized the pins had wedged the clock face in place. Once removed, the clock face never spun again. The manual pull works and the system is running fine so electricity is good (I do see a slight electrical spark/arc when I turn it on or off). But, a timer that doesn't keep time doesn't work for me.

I have swapped out the entire mechanism once before, so it is something I can do for around $56. If anyone wants to say with certainty that the replacement mechanism is T104M please let me know. If this is incorrect, please let me know the correct part number.

However, I wonder if I can buy just a motor unit (for around $21) to get this running again. I have read several posts and can find the proper model number. I will check to see if there is any movement currently. As the clock face is not stuck, I am guessing the motor burnt out.

Please let me know your thoughts on this repair, which option makes the best sense, or any additional troubleshooting I can or should do. Thank you in advance!

Welcome to TFP.

If you want to try and replace the motor then give it a try. Worst case you then replace the entire mechanism.

I would just drop in a new mechanism and move on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.