Intermatic Pool Timer Trippers for Electromechnical Timers

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
I tried looking for an answer to this question, but couldn't find any...

I noticed that my tripper (circled below) keeps falling off. I do tighten it whenever I get the chance to. However, I've noticed that (overtime) the trippers start to get loose again. Are there any other types of trippers out there that are more reliable or are these below the best trippers for Pool these Electromechanical Timers?

This is the exact type of timer I have for my pool

The ones sold at HD are the Intermatic Brand. There are 4 in the pack, Two will shut off any timer, the other 2 turn on the other models. So in actuality you will only get one that turns on your timer and 2 that will shut it off. Kinda weird how they do this, the remaining one could go on a bracelet, or the trash.

Reactions: Mendy48
I didn't even realize there were "better" or "worse" trippers. I thought you just had to get the ones compatible with your timer, period. Would be nice to know if these can be bought online. Don't feel like driving to HD.

They are sold on Amazon.

I too had the problem with the On/Off trippers falling off. Pliers fixed my dilemma too. Can't get them tight enough with your fingers. You can quickly over do it with pliers, but just another little crank should keep 'em in place.

I fear it's more of a design flaw primus. I'm a mechanic, my fingers should be able to tighten better than the average joe. And I had constant tripper loosening issues until I used pliers. Again, you don't need to crank on them, but you do need the pliers to give that additional oomph to keep them in place.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.