Intermatic Clock and Timer Setting Tricks?

apv

Apr 30, 2019
Austin, TX
Is it possible to set my intermatics such that they switch the filter on for three hours in the AM and then three hours in the PM?

I suppose instead of one ON tripper and one OFF tripper per 24hours --- I could install two sets of trippers. Say 4am to 7am and then 8pm to 11pm.

Has anyone tried this? Any issues?

Is it possible to set my intermatics such that they switch the filter on for three hours in the AM and then three hours in the PM?

I suppose instead of one ON tripper and one OFF tripper per 24hours --- I could install two sets of trippers. Say 4am to 7am and then 8pm to 11pm.

Has anyone tried this? Any issues?
When I had an Intermatic timer, that's exactly what I did. Works great!

Reactions: apv
When I ran my pool on a similar schedule I would have it run from say ... 2pm to 6 pm so that it would (hopefully) be skimmed when I came home, and then a few more hours at night when electricity is cheaper.

Nowadays I run on low speed 24/7 and I like it very much. Timer is still running there's just no 'off' tripper set.

I did that a few years ago. Eventually I cut my filter time down so low it wasn't worth it. I did leave the second off tripper in place. Sometimes I manually turn on the pump to vacuum and then I add chemicals, and if I get distracted by something else, it still shuts off in a timely manner rather than running full tilt all day. My local mom-n-pop Ace Hardware had the trippers in stock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.