Intermac timer stops rotating, manual switch doesn’t turn on either

Eric2021

Apr 11, 2021
California
My intermac timer just stopped working, the motor is not rotating and even manual switch doesn’t turn on the pump;
Confirmed the input line to the timer still has 110V power, tightened all the connections, but still doesn’t work;
What should I try next before replacing the whole timer mechanism?

Actually I have two intermac timers one for main pump and another for the booster pump, both have the same issue, they can’t stop working at the same time?
What should be the correct input voltage for model T104M? I have assumed 110V but after some google I think it should be 240V instead? Does that mean I have a bad input power if the voltage between terminal 1 and 3 is 110V instead of 240V?

So does that indicate an issue from the incoming wire if they only measure 110V? It was working last week and I don’t imagine it suddenly changed itself, and I’m not even sure where to look next, do I need to call for an electrician?

Check voltage at the circuit breaker it is attached to. It sounds like you lost one leg. Could be a bad CB.

I can follow the electricity through the power switch and a junction box, but the wire goes below the ground and I don't really know where the circuit breaker is for it; Checked the main circuit breaker inside house and don't find any that's related to the pool timer/pump?

IMG_3484.jpgIMG_3485.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88
It sounds like one leg of your breaker failed. 220V is actually two 110V feeds at different phases in the voltage curve. So one line is 110V positive, while one line is 110V negative. When you use the multi meter, you are reading the difference between the testing points, so in this case you should read 220V.

If you are comfortable with electricity, remove the cover to your breaker panel, and check voltage between the the contacts on the double breaker. If the breaker is bad, you will read 110V, if the breaker is working properly, you will read 220V.

I have seen a bad breaker many times, and you are describing exactly what I see when the breaker fails.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.