Intellitouch - Set valve actuators back to "default" after running a macro?

Proadmin

Mar 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
I have an Intellitouch i9+3 running a fairly complex single body setup. I'm having a basic problem I'm having a minor getting the programming to run teh way I want. Hoping some of the gurus here can help shed some light on this.

I have several suction side pickups: Floor Drain, Skimmer and Suction Side Cleaner. The issue I've got is that for certain modes of operation I need to move two valve actuators at once. For example, to run my suction side crawler I need to open it's valve, and switch the main suction side valve from skimmer to drain (the cleaner is on the drain side of the suction side). This is easily accomplished with a macro. However, where I'm flummoxed is that when I turn off that feature, only the suction side cleaner valve reverts. The Skimmer / Drain valve stays on drain.

What I really want is a function to place the pool into "suction side cleaner" mode (to use in a schedule and/or on the controller), that reverts back to the "normal" operation mode and sets both valves back when teh function is shut off. Any bright ideas how to do this? I know I could just create two macros, one for on and one for off, to move the valves, but that fails teh single button criteria. It also creates a bit of an issue that when teh pool starts up in teh morning (on a schedule), teh valves may or may not be in teh default mode (skimmer on, cleaner off).

I guess what I'd really like is fro generic Pool mode to trigger a macro. Maybe I need to abandon using "pool" mode entirely and just program functions and macros for each mode of operation(including a replacement "pool" mode that triggers a macro to set valves that way I want?

Eric,

I have an EasyTouch, so I have no direct Macro Experience... But I do have a couple of questions... How many automated valves do you have, and are you using the Intake and Return valve connections on the main board?

Of course the real answer is for you to move into this Century and buy a Robot.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Robot? Naw. I love my suction side cleaner. Works like a charms and it's effectively free cleaning since it run great at the same pump speed as teh solar is already calling for.

Total of 5 automated valves:
A) Solar (pressure)
B) In-Floor Cleaner (pressure)
C) Debris Trap drain (pressure)
D) Skimmer / Drain mixer (suction)
E) Suction Side Cleaner (suction)

At this point all 5 valves are on separate valve circuits (A - E) and I'm not running anything on the Pool or Spa circuits. I was thinking that maybe I should move the skimmer / drinan mixing valve to teh pool circuit so it "defaults" to skimmer when pool mode is active. Then I can override with a macros to switch to Drain and turn on the suction side cleaner. I have to test to see if it reverts to teh Skimmer when I disable the macro.

That's teh basic issue, macro attached to a feature sets both valves, for suction side cleaner, but the skimmer / drain mixer doesn't return to skimmer when I turn off the feature that the macro is attached to. I'll test putting the skimmer on the pool circuit and see what happens.

Eric,

I was just making sure that you were not using the Intake and Return valves connections, as they are pre-programmed to move only move between pool and spa positions. Thought that might be part of the problem, but obviously not...

Sorry, but I can't think of any reason why the macro would turn something on and then not turn it off... ?

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.