Intellitouch / Screenlogic Setup

thatguyAZ

Nov 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Have a couple questions left that I have not been able to find from searching this forum. I did ask in another forum but wasn't able to get a response, if I shouldn't have reposted, please let me know and I will delete. My current set up is that I have cobbled together a Intellitouch i9+3, two valve actuators, and a screenlogic to run my really little system. I wanted to add some automation with the actuators and in the next couple of months, stenner liquid chlorine injectors. Right now I am having issues with the following and need some help:

Ok I think I have it setup to to where it is working and the schedules are running and the valves are moving to the correct placement but I have a couple questions.
  • I don't have any actual wires/relays programmed in AUX 2. How do I make it so that AUX2 turns on the Feature Circuit [macro] Water Feature and the pool lights, etc? So that my wife/kids/friends can start the water feature without the Screenlogic app from the Intellitouch.
  • Out on the panel the light is blinking that I need to check inside panel. I don't have an inside panel and screenlogic is not showing any alerts/issues. Is this something I need to look into or is it just because I don't have indoor screen?
  • Is there a way to program a certain number of off/on for a non-pentair color light sequence?
  • How do I run egg-timers or manual switch to low skim or high from the Intellitouch?
Here is current setup now:
View attachment 408719View attachment 408720View attachment 408721

T,

I have an EasyTouch and not the IntelliTouch, so I have no background with macros, but I'll add what I do know...
  • I don't have any actual wires/relays programmed in AUX 2. How do I make it so that AUX2 turns on the Feature Circuit [macro] Water Feature and the pool lights, etc? So that my wife/kids/friends can start the water feature without the Screenlogic app from the Intellitouch.
If you want the pool light to come on when you press the Aux 2 button, you will have to wire the light to the load side of the Aux 2 relay and a GFCI protected 120 volts to the line side of the relay. I assume you would just make a macro that includes "Aux 2" and "Water Feature", but as I said, not sure how that is done.
  • Out on the panel the light is blinking that I need to check inside panel. I don't have an inside panel and screenlogic is not showing any alerts/issues. Is this something I need to look into or is it just because I don't have indoor screen?
I assume you are correct, and you can just ignore the flashing light.

• Is there a way to program a certain number of off/on for a non-pentair color light sequence?
Not that I am aware of... The IntelliTouch is made to control Pentair lights. The best you can do is figure out what number of pulses you need and find out what Pentair color matches that number. So, if you need 5 pulses and then use whatever Pentair color causes the relay to pulse 5 times.
  • How do I run egg-timers or manual switch to low skim or high from the Intellitouch?
Egg-timers are used when you manually turn something on and then want it to go off after the egg-timer times out. As an example: I use an egg-timer to fill my pool with water. It is not something I can schedule, as I am never sure when my pool will need water. But I am sure that once I turn it on, I want it to shut off an hour later.

If you want to make your pump run at a lower or higher RPM, then I need to see your pump speed page..

Like this...

Let's see if Tom has a clue how to program a macro in the IntelliTouch... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

T,

I have an EasyTouch and not the IntelliTouch, so I have no background with macros, but I'll add what I do know...
If you want the pool light to come on when you press the Aux 2 button, you will have to wire the light to the load side of the Aux 2 relay and a GFCI protected 120 volts to the line side of the relay. I assume you would just make a macro that includes "Aux 2" and "Water Feature", but as I said, not sure how that is done.
I assume you are correct, and you can just ignore the flashing light.

Not that I am aware of... The IntelliTouch is made to control Pentair lights. The best you can do is figure out what number of pulses you need and find out what Pentair color matches that number. So, if you need 5 pulses and then use whatever Pentair color causes the relay to pulse 5 times.
Egg-timers are used when you manually turn something on and then want it to go off after the egg-timer times out. As an example: I use an egg-timer to fill my pool with water. It is not something I can schedule, as I am never sure when my pool will need water. But I am sure that once I turn it on, I want it to shut off an hour later.

If you want to make your pump run at a lower or higher RPM, then I need to see your pump speed page..

Like this...

Let's see if Tom has a clue how to program a macro in the IntelliTouch... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the response.
So I have the pool light currently connected to AUX1, but I was hoping that there was a "Macro" that would allow me to program Aux 2, so that it turned on the pool light to a certain color, opened the valve actuator for the waterfall, and set the pump to drop to the Water fall pump speed that I have programmed. At the very least I'd like one of the buttons on the Intellitouch to move the valve, and change the pump speed at a minimum.

Guess the pictures I tried to upload didn't work. Trying again:
Circuits2.pngEquipment2.pngIntelliflo2.png

T,

Think of it this way.. You can add speeds and you can delete speeds, but you really can't reduce speeds.

When the pump sees two or more speeds at the same time, it will always run the fastest speed.

So, using your speeds, if low skim is on and the pump is running at 1250, and you select water feature at 600, nothing will change. As long at low skim is on the pump will run at 1250. On the other hand, if low skim is on at 1250 and you turn on high skim at 1800, the pump will increase speed to 1800.

Again, I have no idea how macros work, but my gut says you can turn on two or more circuits with a macro, but I doubt you can turn on one circuit and turn off another circuit.

I think the "Circuits needing high speed pump" has more to do with having a Two-speed pump rather than anything to do with the operation of the IntelliFlo, where you assign speeds to each circuit.

You currently have a Feature Circuit named "water feature". You could rename an Aux relay as "water feature" instead, and then when you pushed the Aux button the valve would turn and the pump would run at your assigned waterfall speed... UNLESS you were already running a faster speed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hey guys, just wanted to speak to the macros in particular... I've never set one up, and I don't have a screenlogic so I'm not sure how to do it using that UI, but this is what the manual says about intellitouch macros:

A Macro circuit allows multiple combined circuits that can be switched on or off from a single button. For example, a Macro circuit can be assign to one button to switch on the spa, spa light, fountain, fountain light, and patio lights. The Macro circuit name (or custom name) can be added to the main list of “IntelliTouch circuit
names” (see page 37). A Macro circuit also has the capability to switch a circuit off. For example, a Macro circuit named “SPA PARTY,” if you wanted a spa fountain not to be on when spa is on (because it could put cold water in the spa), it can be set up in the Macro to automatically switch off when “SPA PARTY” is switched on. An “OFF” Macro can also be used to switch any number of lights off with one button.

hey @Jimrahbe your assumption is correct! the manual describes setting up macros with an indoor panel (or mobiletouch remote) but i think the op said he didn't have one. i'm not sure how to do it WITH screenlogic

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.