IntellipH Injector Issue...Again

tucsontico

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 30, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Recently a problem with my Pentair IntellipH system surfaced. The IntellipH pump is running as scheduled but the MA isn't flowing through the injector to my pool. I've replaced the rollers (new version of IntellipH with Stenner EC30 pump head), replaced the peristaltic tube and the duckbill check valve. I tested the injector while outside of my threaded PVC pipe and it puts out a strong stream of acid at the correct amount (approx 4 oz). However, when I install the injector back into the PVC, turn on the system and let it run normally for a few days, no MA is being used and my pool pH is rising.

Is it possible the water flow is not creating a strong enough venturi effect to draw out the MA from the end of the injector? I'm at a loss for what to do next. :crazy: Any suggestions?

Peristaltic chemical pumps don’t rely on Venturi suction. The pump head should be able to supply ample pressure to overcome the back pressure of your pool plumbing. Unfortunately an open stream test doesn’t tell you much more than if the volume dispensed is correct. You need to test the pressure produced when the tube is closed off to see if the head is producing enough pressure. That would require a little bit of tubing and a pressure gauge capable of handling fluid pressure. A test with water instead of acid would be sufficient.

Peristaltic chemical pumps don’t rely on Venturi suction. The pump head should be able to supply ample pressure to overcome the back pressure of your pool plumbing. Unfortunately an open stream test doesn’t tell you much more than if the volume dispensed is correct. You need to test the pressure produced when the tube is closed off to see if the head is producing enough pressure. That would require a little bit of tubing and a pressure gauge capable of handling fluid pressure. A test with water instead of acid would be sufficient.
Thanks. Didn't think that venturi effect was used for the Stenner pumps but was unsure if end of injector could be cavitating from speed of water flowing past the injector. Have to rig up something to test the pressure in the peristaltic tube. Time to put my engineer's hat on.

Hi [U]tucsontico[/U],

If you are having issues with the pump, let us know the model you have and we will be glad to assist. You can email us at [email protected]
Thanks. Not sure what part of the pump is the problem. The pump is part of the Pentair IntellipH system. I believe it is a Stenner EC30 pump or OEM custom equivalent. Sending an email to linked address also. Thanks for chiming in!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.