Bonsall, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Wasnt sure if I should add this to the dormant intelliph thread or post new so figured I'd post new and let mods sort it out lol.
End of last week i went out to find my intellichlor seeming dead. Moved things around and rebooting the panel seemed to bring it back but with no comms. I have made my compulsory pentair warranty claim but suspected an iph issue. Opened the iph today and found the connector burnt as is on so many other threads. It appears though that mine was one of the special ones that decided to take out the surge board as well as d4/d5 on the surge board have clear signs of overheating

20230823_194611.jpg20230823_194413.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
How old is your ipH/IC combination?

How much time in service?

Update on this, service tech came and replaced the iph control box
and the intellichlor surge board. We are seemingly back up and running but I have a feeling in addition to the surge board rs485, it may have taken out the rs485 on the mastertemp as I am getting a not found alert still on the mastertemp, hoping a wire just got dislodged when the tech replaced the surge board.
@ogdento the tech left the damaged iph and surge boards for me to do with as I please, would you like them to play with? Soldering replacement comm chips is likely outside of my abilities lol.

Reactions: ogdento and newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.