IntelliLevel standpipe location

darinclifton

Jun 2, 2019
St. Louis
I am working on my pool design and have a question about Pentair's Intellilevel. The instructions say to install in stand pipe on any suction line, not sure why it would matter. The device only works while pumps are off to get an accurate reading. Not sure why it would be a problem on the return side? While pumps are off water level in all the pipes should be the same. Any ideas, my equipement layout on the suction sided is very crammed...

Thanks!

d,

Not sure either. Guessing it may have to do with the micro vent valve that opens to equalize the water level in the pipe before taking a level reading. Could be the valve is not rated for discharge pressures in the pipe? The stand pipe would have to connect to the suction pipe off the equipment pad anyway to connect below the normal pool level anyway so I'm not sure why this would be affected by a crammed equipment layout.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.