IntelliFloXF Flow Issues

2" pipe is not likely to be the cause of the high head loss in that section unless there is a defect in the pipe somewhere. It is probably something else.

2" pipe is not likely to be the cause of the high head loss in that section unless there is a defect in the pipe somewhere. It is probably something else.
Yea I didn’t think it should cause that much issue. Ugh.

Question - at full speed my pump basket completely fills with water. And after some run time, the flow rate will increase - when I first turn it on I see about 62 gpm and a few hours later will see 70-73.

At lower speeds, like 2000 rpm, the basket does not fully fill with water, not even with time. Over time, the flow rate drops. When I first start the pump it will run at 40ish GPM, then over a few hours drop to 25-30.

Is this indicative of some sort of suction side air leak? Or is it just too much restriction for the pump to pull enough water?

Any air in the pump basket is due to an air leak. Higher flow rates will generally remove the air out through the return side but lower flow rates may not purge the air as quickly.

When the flow rate changes, do you also see a change in filter pressure? That could be due to DE settling.

However, if there is something loose in the lines that is blocking flow, this could also explain what you are seeing. The object may just move a bit over time.

The pressure on the filter doesn’t change when flow changes. I actually have not loaded any DE material since opening the pool a week and a half ago, and believe it’s all cleared off the filters.

I will do some more testing to see if air is coming from drain or skimmers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.