Intelliflo VSF Pump Lid blowing off once a day

auto

Feb 20, 2016
Dallas
So.... My Intelliflo VSF is blowing the lid off of the pump, I am almost positive that this is during when the booster pump starts creepy. The combination has been working prior to this with no issues. Any thoughts, the google machine did not provide any insight. .

The booster pump would be supplying pressure downstream towards the pool. The main pump is upstream so not sure I see how that is doing anything. Just want to confirm, the lid over the pump basket of the VSF pump is popping off. The lid has tabs that interlock it. Are you positive you have those engaged to keep it secure? Are any of the tabs broken on the lid or on the pump body?

The booster pump would be supplying pressure downstream towards the pool. The main pump is upstream so not sure I see how that is doing anything. Just want to confirm, the lid over the pump basket of the VSF pump is popping off. The lid has tabs that interlock it. Are you positive you have those engaged to keep it secure? Are any of the tabs broken on the lid or on the pump body?

100% Positive, been cleaning it for over 8 years. I will double check on the interlock tabs, but I almost 100% sure

Auto,

I would think it would be impossible for the lid to blow off an IntelliFlo pump when running as it is under a vacuum. Also, it has locking tabs that should make that impossible.

Show us some pics of the bottom side or your pump lid.

Would not hurt to see a couple of pics of your equipment pad.

Does this happen when the pump shuts off?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.