Intelliflo vs3050 Overcurrent alarm / impeller/ repair/ new pump?

Bobusername

Silver Supporter
Sep 13, 2019
new jersey
Intelliflo vs3050 about ten years old I think. For some time now, it starts for a second, stops, restarts a couple of times and either gets going or trips alarm and stops. I can reset by flipping the circuit breaker but obviously doesn't fix the problem. I also have to turn the fan by hand before resetting for it to not automatically alarm off. It's on a schedule so I frequently find it shut off.

The fan is harder and harder to turn. I've reached in beyond the basket to try and clear the impeller with coat hanger and screw driver but don't find any debris. I can't turn the impeller although maybe I'm not doing it right. I've never run it without a basket.
When I get it running it's louder than it should be.

Question: Is there something easy I can try to get it functioning for now?

I may replace it but would rather replace in the spring than right before winter. And... if I replace, should I replace with intelliflo vs? I have an Aqualing RS control system. My current pool company uses Hayward equipment. Would a Hayward pump work with the aqualink?

So two questions in one post.

Thanks!

You may need to remove the motor from the wet end to clear the impeller. If that is not the issue, then it could be bad bearings in the motor. Has the pump been leaking lately?

Thanks. No leaks. Reaching in with my hand I feel no debris in the small area I can feel. I was hoping to avoid taking it apart but maybe I can give it a go tomorrow.
I obviously would rather not spend the money on replacing it but I guess it's around it's expected life span.

You may need to remove the motor from the wet end to clear the impeller. If that is not the issue, then it could be bad bearings in the motor. Has the pump been leaking lately?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.