Intelliflo VS Speeds

Jun 27, 2015
Katy
@Dirk Sadly, I fell victim to the Texas freeze too. I went ahead and (out of pocket) had to replace with all new equipment. Am curious to know what you recommend for Pentair Intelliflow VS settings .... I like the idea of trimming the speed down, except for a couple hours of good cleaning. What do you recommend? I believe my original equipment must have been tuned well vs where/how the current pool repair was performed.

According to your signature you have no SWG or heater. You can run your pump around 1200 rpm for basic circulation and turn it up around 2400 rpm for a few hours of skimming. Start with those and vary it a few hundred rpms and see what works best for your pool.

With no SWCG, you really are just running the pump to skim and you have to play around with what works for your pool. Look at your weir door(s) and see at what speed the door remains barely open. I would add 100 RPM to that and make that your baseline speed (will probably be 1,000 - 1,200). Then if you want to kick it up for a few hours to get some better skimming, go for it.

For reference, mine runs at 1,200 24/7, then up to 2,400 for a few hours.

Reactions: NewToPools_Texas
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.