Intelliflo versions confusion

Aug 28, 2017
California
There are 9 different models (not including the black versions) listed on pentair's website and im having trouble figuring out what the difference between them all are.

theres the "Intelliflo"

2 VST
I1
I2
Variable speed
VF
VS+SVRS
VSF
XV
XF VSF

I need the wall mount option as access to the pump mounted controls would be next to impossible.

Last edited:
Not many have that as an option. I’m sure that the 2 VST does and that the Intelliflo 011018 does not.

I'm shopping for a variable speed pump and have been researching the same thing. Don't have all the answers yet, but here's a link I found that describes most of the important differences and makes sense of some of the acronyms:

http://www.ultimateoutdoorliving.com/portable-pools/pool-pump/pentair-intelliflo-pump-comparison

What that list doesn't cover is the i2 (011060), which is designed specifically to work with a 15 amp breaker.

Models that allow for wall mounting of the keypad are:
IntelliFlo SVRS (011057)
IntelliFlo XF (022055)
IntelliFlo 2 VST (011055)
IntelliFlo i1 & i2 (011059 & 011060)

[FONT=arial, verdana, sans-serif]As far as I can tell, the original/base model is the "Variable Speed" (011018), and the others are variations on that design. [/FONT]I'm also wanting the wall mounted keypad option, and have been [FONT=arial, verdana, sans-serif]looking at the "2 VST" (011055).[/FONT]

You do not want the i1 or i2.. Less pump and more money..

You do not EVER want the SVRS version which I have.. It goes into an "entrapment shutdown" mode if anyone even thinks of the word "surge"... You can't adjust it and you can't turn it off, and with dual drains it is totally not necessary or required...

You do not want the Variable Flow version, just more complicated and not at all necessary. 90% of the users have the VS unit...

Both the VST and VSF have the remote control head option...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.