Intelliflo 3HP - Nothing on Display | Pump Dead

anonymouscuban

May 19, 2017
Porter Ranch, CA
Hey all,

I've searched the forum but didn't find any similar threads with an outcome. I have an Intelliflo 3HP pump. I don't recall the version but it's at least 6 years old. Earlier in the week I noticed the pool was not running. Checked the pump and no worky. Display is blank. I've ruled out power to the pump; 240v at the line on the pump.

Is this thing toast or is there something I can do to get it working? I'm assuming the controller on the pump itself is dead. Not sure if that can be replaced or if it's just as expensive as a new pump.

Really appreciate any help or advice that can be shared.

Thanks,
Alex

What is the exact voltage line to line (not line to ground)?

There should be a sticker on the front of the pump that has a P/N and a date.

What is the P/N (part Number) and what is the date?

What is the exact voltage line to line (not line to ground)?

There should be a sticker on the front of the pump that has a P/N and a date.

What is the P/N (part Number) and what is the date?
I can't tell you the exact voltage. As luck would have it, my multimeter has gonna kaput so I was only able to test that its getting 240v with a simple voltage tester.

The PN is 011018. Date is 7/17/2012 so I installed it 8 years ago. Never had any issues till now.

OK. I just opened up the pump controller. I can see evidence of a short. Pics attached. We had some heavy winds this week and possibly some power surges.

Appears like one if the solder points on the board is completely fried off.

What do you guys think? Maybe the control panel is fried? If so, would the pump not run?

Attachments

• 20201205_104913.jpg
    20201205_104913.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20201205_104934.jpg
    20201205_104934.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 17
OK. Have done more research. I think that board that's fried is part of the drive unit. If I'm understanding correctly, it's fried and that's why the pump is dead. Looks like I can buy a new drive unit for about $6-700. A new pump is about $1100. Not sure if it makes more sense just to buy a new pump considering my current pump is 8 years old.

It would be wise to buy a complete new system with the original being 8 years old.

Do you have a surge suppressor in your pool control panel?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.