INTELLIFLO 2 VST "Over Current" error

jay2

Sep 2, 2020
Orange County
I have been trying to get my pool up and running again after a full empty pool 2 weeks ago. Last week my pump decided to stop and I noticed it was an "Over Current" error. I have contacted Pentair and they sent a replacement drive. I have replaced this today and still receive "Over Current" error. I do not think I have any obstruction in the impeller. I have wiggled a wire hanger in there to clear any obstruction.

I contacted Pentair again and they suggest to contact an electrician to ensure voltage and amps are within specification. Is it possible this could be an electrical issue?

Jay,

Have you actually measured with a meter the voltage between the input L1 and L2 connections on your pump?

Lack of either L1 or L2 can cause the controller to think it sees an over current condition.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have no idea how to do this. If there's some sort of YouTube vid or pictures to test and solve this issue, I'll be forever grateful!

An electrician is charging $150 to check power, volt and amp but he doesn't repair pools. Would I need to find someone that can specifically do pool repairs? What if the power, volt and amp are all correct?

Jay,

If you are not familiar with electricity, and don't own a voltmeter, then I suggest that you have an electrician come out and look at it. But, before you do, answer the following questions...

Tell me what powers the pump.. Do you have an automation system, like an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch? Or do you have a timer box of some type?

If you don't know for sure, post some pic of your equipment pad..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jay,

Normally, the power comes from your house circuit breaker panel to a control box of some kind at the equipment pad and then to the pump..

If you post pics, show us where the flex cable that powers the pump is coming from..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jay,

One of the pics shows the back side of the motor and where it connects to the pump.. It appears to be that your shaft seal has been leaking and corroded the pump motor..

Hard to tell for sure from the pics, but I suspect that your pool guy is right.

Your pool guy should be able to measure the voltage going into the pump for you.

A new pump should be right around $1,000 bucks.. Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pool Pump (3HP) - 011028

I would get the new VS P/N 011028 rather than another VST..

Plus installation of course.. Should be an easy job since your current pump is installed with unions.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.