Intelliconnect going into service mode

ArizonaBrit

Mar 23, 2022
Arizona
Hi everyone, I have an Intelliconnect pool automation system that connects to a Pentair variable speed pump (Whisperflo). My pool is location in Arizona, however, I am in the UK at present. I have a friend emptying the baskets in between the regular pool maintenance guy.

I got a notification that the system is in service mode and hence not running. I contacted my friend who swears that he left it in the auto mode, however this is the second time this has happened. So questions:

1. Is there any other reason (besides pressing the mode button) the system would enter the service mode? I have googled it and cannot find any, but is there a self protection mode in case of some error? I would expect the system to report the reason why if so.

2. It seems like the other mode apart from Auto is the "time-out" mode. I believe this is like the service mode but it times out back to the auto mode after 3 hours. Would it be better to have him place this in this mode when checking the baskets?

Thanks for any help.

I have no experience with the Intelliconnect, but why does it need to be in service or time out to empty a skimmer basket?

Time out would be better if you want the system to revert to Auto on its own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.