Intellichlor IC40 Flow/Temp Sensor

John Dickerson

Jun 12, 2020
Springboro, OH
My 2 yr old IC40 is giving a low flow alarm. I replaced the flow switch and still get the alarm. I read on another post to short the red and black wires to test the flow switch. So I shorted these two wires and still get a low flow alarm. Do I have any other options other than replacing the cell ?

I don't think so. Sounds like the cell electronics have gone bad. Can you get it replaced under warranty?

John,

Just to make sure.. You shorted the Red and Black wires coming from the Cell and not the wires coming from the old flow switch..

If so, then the cell is most likely bad.

The question is.. is it a real flow issue, or a just light issue.. It the SWCG has no actual flow, then the "Cell" light will never come on.. If the Cell light is on at the same time as a low flow light, that is an indication that the flow is actually good and the problem is just the light.

Keep in mind the Cell light only comes on when the SWCG is making chlorine.. So at 50% the cell light will be on for about 2.5 minutes and then off for 2.5 minutes. Even at 100% the Cell light will still go off for a short period time..

I suspect that you cell is bad, but... if this were my pool, I would experiment around and make sure the problem is not just an indicator issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.