Intellichlor IC40 flow rate

gatorbrit

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 22, 2013
Raleigh,NC
My IC 40 gives me a red light indicating that the flow rate is too low. But I am certain that the rate is ok - I’ve run my pump in prior years at lower rates and the IC40 has been fine.

When I increase the flow rate to much higher - it works ok. It is just not activating at lower speeds.

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the IC 40 - I see I little strip that hangs done in the way of the water which I think is the flow sensor. It just looks like a simple switch.

gb,

It is nothing but a magnetic switch... There is no official adjustment, but I suppose you could just bend it a little and see if that helps..

Will it work at all? I had one break off inside the cell and of course it would then never come on...

Does your switch close when you increase the pump's speed? I have to run mine at 1200 to keep the switch closed.. How fast are you running your pump?

It could also just mean that your filter is dirty....

Worst case, it is a simple $100, or less, DIY fix..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

My pump has to run at more than 2200 rpm. I am pretty sure that I could get away with a lot lower speeds when I first got it.

Anyhow - thanks for the input - after a google search I decided to order an new sensor for $50.

The only other likely problems could be a dirty filter or scale build up in the cell. If you recently backwashed and checked to make sure the cell is clean then you're on the right track. My cell runs fine at 1100 rpm. 2200 rpm is way too high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.