Jun 30, 2020
Southeast NC
Hey y’all. I just bought a house with a salt pool and will admit that I know nothing about pools. To start off, I tested the salt levels and realized I needed to add salt. The intellichlor confirmed this. It was very low and the charts told me to add around 100 lbs. That brought the test strips up to a level of around 3600 ppm. Now when I turn the intellichlor generator on, the red low light flashes for about a minute then goes out. I can find anything on the internet that tells me why neither low or good light is on or flashing. The other lights that are supposed to be on are on. Thanks for any help that y’all might be able to give me

Darrell,

I assume that you have an Automation system, most likely an EasyTouch.. If so, you need to adjust the Cell output using the automation system..

When the system is first turned on, the cell will look like the flashing lights at a railroad crossing.. This is just the system running a calibration routine.. It can last for up to five minutes and is nothing to worry about..

Tell us more about your equipment, or post some pics of your equipment pad and automation system.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for your reply. I did figure out the automation for the sanitizer levels. I also get the calibration part. What about the fact that neither light is on for the salt level? I would’ve thought it would tell me low, high or good.

Attachments

• 13DDA2C3-0228-4875-BD29-5F471F1F943E.jpeg
    13DDA2C3-0228-4875-BD29-5F471F1F943E.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 20
Darrell,

You are correct.. The Green good salt light, or the Red low salt light, should always be on...

I suspect it is just a bad LED... You can see the salt level that the cell "thinks" the pool has, using your automation..

The key in my mind is the Cell light.. If the Cell light turns green, that means the cell is producing chlorine. The Cell light will go on and off as a function of the output percentage. At 50%, the light should be on for about 2.5 minutes and off for 2.5 minutes.

Tell me if your Cell light is working or not?

Does your automation have ScreenLogic and show you a display something like this...???

View media item 1963
Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes, the cell light cycles on and off. I don’t have the app but I did scroll thru my easy touch options. It says salt is 9900 ppm. That’s obviously incorrect because I’ve had multiple test strips show the same thing. Around 3600.

Attachments

• BA9596EA-83A6-4AEF-A52D-AF4F7D85293D.jpeg
    BA9596EA-83A6-4AEF-A52D-AF4F7D85293D.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 7

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Darrell,

Test strips are worthless, but 9900 does not sound right either..

Maybe that is why the light is out?? Not something that I've seen before.

I would double check the salt level with something other than test strips.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I think that the green salt light is probably burned out. If you loosen the unions, you can rotate the cell to see the bottom sticker.

Try turning the percentage up to 100% in EasyTouch and then time the Cell on light for a few cycles to see how long it stays on and off. If it's a 5 minute cycle, it should run for about 4 minutes and 45 seconds before turning off for 15 seconds and then coming back on.

I believe I’d have to take it apart to see the underside of it. I can see it’s a model IC40
Can you use your cell phone to.take a picture of the underside? I do this to 'see' in hard to reach places. Takes a few tries sometimes to capture what I'm trying to see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.