Intellichem Acid dosing not working

pete8314

Jun 28, 2010
Texas
Pool Size
This is starting to drive my nuts, as it seems like I've tried every configuration, but I can't get the acid to dispense. The only thing I've not been able to rule out is the actual motor in the acid pump, but the wiring at least is ok, so I assume it's not at fault.

Quick caveat: The pool is new, and had been running since June. Generally no issues, but so far the two pool 'start up' guys had no idea about the Intellichem, so I'm trying to figure out myself. All seems good in terms of reading the water chemistry, the two things I can't figure out is how to dispense the acid (it's all plumbed in correctly) and how to give control to the Intellitouch (I care less about this bit for now though, I just want to get the acid moving).

Here's a pic of the Intellichem:

itellichem.jpg

In the Hardware setup, there's various options to use the relays (which would be bad, they're not low voltage) and the MTR_L and MTR_R connections, but the plug on the acid pump doesn't fit those, and I assume I have the accessory board (bottom right, plugged into the blue relay outputs) for a reason. I've not been able to find any instructions on the accessory board (P/N 522478Z), and I'm not convinced the Intellichem is recognizing it.

Does anyone know the correct configuration to get everything working? I've tried more or less every option on page 7 here, to no avail :-(

Quick caveat: The pool is new, and had been running since June. Generally no issues, but so far the two pool 'start up' guys had no idea about the Intellichem, so I'm trying to figure out myself. All seems good in terms of reading the water chemistry, the two things I can't figure out is how to dispense the acid (it's all plumbed in correctly) and how to give control to the Intellitouch (I care less about this bit for now though, I just want to get the acid moving).

Am I missing something due to different cultural backgrounds?

You get a new pool (I assume from this) as part of the package you purchase a chemical controller, on handover neither of the pool techs sent out know anything about setting the machine up and you are now trying to set it up?

Here I wouldn't even consider going as far as you have. I would be calling the person I have the contract with to install the equipment and explaining to them they are obligated to get it working (not allowed to say what I would actually say) and if it is not working by Friday next week it is reasonable to be issued a refund for the purchase cost as clearly it is not suited for the purpose it was purchased for.

Thanks, tried that, they're owed money, but apparently that's still not incentive enough. I've got this far, happy to continue, the more I understand it, the less dependent I am on unreliable suppliers, so I'm ok with that. Just looking for technical guidance :)

Looking at the destructions manual first thing to try:

pH Settings button: Press the pH Settings
button to access the pH dosage settings.

See page 3 Set to manual dosing does acid pump dose? Act Shirley just asking the circulation pump needs to be going for this to work. It is going?

Another trap for newbies to pH dosing is the water body is in a constant state of change (more or less close enough for this explanation) as such the pH being read by the probe is changing constantly however the display may not as this is likely being 'smoothed'. Acid dosing wont be happening a lot and when it does it should only be for short periods of time. Is it act Shirley working and it is simply not working when you see it?

Read page 14

Check the doser delay from page 18

On page 21 there is a probe test this is worth performing.

See page 23 bottom of the page is some further pH possible settings. If there is a mish mash you find I would be inclined to do a factory reset and start again in the set up.

Finally check through the steps on page 47 in case there is a twist or kink somewhere.

I don't see any reason to adjust the internal controls looking at the destructions.

Just to may be close the loop on this and advise what I changed to get the PH dosing to work. The installation manual is a little confusing and I had the same issue.

1) checked and made some adjustments based on guidance from @Spa Owner. Some good tips. E.g. PH dosing priority.
2) in the auto setup, changed the setting for the question “What is your hardware setup?” from L_Pump & Ichlor to CO2/R2 & Ichlor (wiring with the daughter board same as picture from @pete8314 above)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.