Prosper, TX (DFW)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We are going on vacation next week and I would like to setup a vacation schedule on my intellicenter to minimize running the pool while we are gone so I can worry less about having to add water since it is so dang hot.

I swear there used to be an option to set a vacation schedule, but I'm not finding it on the app or online. Did I make that up, or does anyone know where to find it. The intellicenter online user guide is throwing a bad link at the moment 🙄

JJ,

Not sure why the pool would use anymore water one way or the other... :scratch:

What would you not run?

And.. I have never heard of a vacation schedule.. Does not mean it is not there, just not something I am familiar with.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The full story is I have 2 things working against me:

1. I have to add water ever 4-5 days in the summer, otherwise it sucks air at high speeds. Maybe evaporation, maybe there is a leak somewhere (I've looked, cant really find anything and nothing obvious and it is not really bad enough to spend $ on a leak detection person).
2. My pool has a pretty small distance (1.5") from the overflow valve and when the skimmer starts sucking air on high.

So, my thought is I would add a vacation schedule that only ran my pool on low for 4-5 hours a day. That way if it is a leak, maybe that lessens it, and it will not be running on high at all and should be able to make it the full week without adding water even if we get no rain and it is a gazillion degrees.

pp38 IntelliCenter Control System User's Guide.
2021-06-30_06-46-56.jpg

Did you lose your paper manuals? I attempted to upload the IntelliCenter_Users_Guide.pdf file here for you but the file is too large for the server to process.
I also attempted to provide you with a direct link to the Pentair IntelliCenter System Manuals page as well. However, in true Pentair form, it appears that they no longer allow "direct linking" to pages within their web portal.
You now have to go to their home (splash) page, and navigate (drill down) until you find those manuals (and it's not very "user friendly" either). :rant:

The other thing you can do is this.
1. Create a new Circuit Group with a low speed Feature Circuit embedded.
2. Create a new Schedule that calls for the Circuit Group that you just created.
3. Just before going on vacation, deactivate your normal schedule(s) (click no days), activate your vacation schedule (click every day) and you're good.

2021-06-30_06-44-59.jpg

4. When you get back, just do the opposite.
And enjoy your vacation.
r.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.