IntelliCenter scheduling different pump speeds best practices?

tomas21

Gold Supporter
Jan 24, 2020
California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I am trying to determine the best way to schedule my pump to adjust to different speeds without causing the it to go off (causing it to go into priming mode, and then to adjust to another speed).

Wiring of panel and relays are designed based on @MyAZPool setup

Original schedule (pump start, stop, priming situation)
Schedule Pool High Circulation in the morning 8-10a
- Circuit Group setup "Pool High 2500"​
- Pool Circuit on (default speed on pool circuit - 1700)​
- Feature Circuit on (2500 high rpm wins)​
Schedule Low Circ 10-3p
- Circuit Group setup "Pool Circ"​
- Pool Circuit on only (default speed 1700)​

Behavior: Once 10a hits, the pool pump turns off ... turns back on, then does a startup prime and gets to 1700 instead of just going down to 1700... would been nice if it didn't turn off pool circuit and cause the pump startup prime and then get to 1700​

Solution?
Modified schedule - Is this the best practice or work around to avoid the pump turning off, doing a priming startup again, and just going to down to 1700 from 2500RPM?​

Schedule Pool High Circulation in the morning 8-10a
- Circuit Group setup "Pool High 2500"​
- Only include the Feature circuit 2500; do not include the Pool circuit on circuit​
Schedule Low Circ 9:59-3p <----Schedule the pool circ circuit group to overlap and turn on 1 min before 10a
- Circuit Group setup "Pool Circ"​
- Pool Circuit on (default speed 1700)​

Behavior: At 9:59a the Pool circuit turns on, once 10a hits feature circuit 2500 goes off and the pump goes down to 1700 without turning off pool circuit​

This seems to be working but not sure if this is a best practice to keep the pump for turning on and off when transitions speeds with schedules that come one after the other....

Best practice is to schedule your base, or the rpm needed to close the flow switch on your SWCG, as the Pool Mode for the entire time you wish the pump to run. Then if you would like a higher RPM for a period within that base scheudule, create a Feature Circuit at that RPM and schedule that. The higher RPM portion will run when scheduled without priming.

Reactions: tomas21
Best practice is to schedule your base, or the rpm needed to close the flow switch on your SWCG, as the Pool Mode for the entire time you wish the pump to run. Then if you would like a higher RPM for a period within that base scheudule, create a Feature Circuit at that RPM and schedule that. The higher RPM portion will run when scheduled without priming.
So I can start my "Pool Circ" at 8am and also start High Circ feature at 8am.... both will start but highest speed will win then have High circ feature stop at 10a and goes back to pool circ speed
or
Start "pool circ" at 8am and then "high circ" at 8:01a?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.