IntelliCenter® Control System vs EasyTouch® Control Systems

AnthemAVM

Mar 7, 2021
Huntington Beach
We are in the demo stages of our pool remodel, and our pool builder is pushing me towards the EasyTouch vs Intellicenter. It will be a pretty basic pool, 1 pump pool, 1 pump descent water features, heater, and Intelli-brite color LED light. I am going to talk to them about maybe another Intelli-brite color LED light and maybe 2 MAGICSTREAM LAMINARS

I am a home automation junky and always like the new technology, but they said they have had nothing but problems with it.

Any thoughts?

A,

Either of them will work for you just fine.. With the EasyTouch you will need an add on called ScreenLogic to be able to use your PC and Phone... This is what I have and it works great for me. I see no reason to upgrade to the IntelliCenter..

That said, it I were to build a new pool, I would go with the new IntelliCenter for sure.

Most of the issues with the IntelliCenter is that the system is new and the installers have not really caught up with the new tech.

For all useful purposes it will not integrate into your home automation system.. Neither does the EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: imrodee
I agree with Jim's sentiment on the installers not being caught up. My PB definitely was lacking in their knowledge of Intellicenter. I have not had any issues with it, other than the Alexa skill being off and on. It seems to be working now.

Depending on your level of skill/interest, there are several users on the forum who have taken control of their Intellicenter and added more control using a raspberry PI controller. Not sure if that is possible with the EasyTouch.

--Jeff

Our PB also tried to talk us out of the IntelliCenter. I think the reason a lot of PB's don't like the IntelliCenter, is because they either don't like change, or they have had a bad experience with it. I think a lot of PB's tried the IntelliCenter right as it was released, and due to the bugs, haven't installed it since. From what I've heard, most bugs have been worked out since with software updates.

We ended up going with the IntelliCenter, so once we get our pool finished I'll finally get to try it out.

Same feeling as others that posted above. PB tried to push me towards Easy Touch, their tried and true systems they are familiar with. The launch of the Intellicenter was poor at best from what I could tell so there was very little incentive for PBs to move to a system they installed that gave them issues when they had an option that didn't in the Easy Touch.

As @Jimrahbe mentioned, out of the box, there is no integration into any home automation, but if you poke around here, there are a few people who have been working on a whole different level on this.

For a simple pool like mine, I could have been probably been very happy with Easy Touch and Screen Logic. But with a new pool and a lover of Tech, I do like the idea of going with the newest automation system that Pentair has to offer, that is being updated and worked on (albeit slow from what I can see).

And even though my PB was hesitant to move to a new product they first had difficulties with, they did bring on Pentair support to help them work through it. Had a Pentair rep out to the house twice during the build and another time scheduled this spring as we are going to tie in my auto cover and actuators with the system.

Add me to the list of "IntelliCenter" it's the bomb!
My Neighbor has the old system and after he saw how easy it was to control the pool from my phone, he wanted it. As others have said some PB are not as techy as others, lucky for us are PB has a Chem/Tech guy who really has a handle on it. He was here a few times to balance the chemistry and program the system. Then take the time to walk us through the chemistry and tech stuff.

:cool:

I am going to talk to them about maybe another Intelli-brite color LED light and maybe 2 MAGICSTREAM LAMINARS
How much square feet is your pool? Pentair recommends 4 lumens per square foot. Each IntelliBrite lets off 1000 lumens. So basically one IntelliBrite per 250 square feet.

As for the Magicstream Laminars, they are cool but can be really pricey. I don't know if you have been quoted yet, but my guess, is they will probably run 1-2k per Laminar.

One of the things the neighbor wished he had done was luminars. I have 5 lights in the pool on two circuits so I can play with the lights

First picture Luminars with three pool lights
Second Luminars no pool lights
Third Luminars with two pool lights

Looking forward to summer....:cool:

DZgStVH+Rl+Nf3Sd6C0AzQ.jpg2C0%uAGqScemdzrFZdpo3Q.jpgA1Oyr9aLSni9zp8hik7ftA.jpg

Attachments

• LARCuj+HSLuH81TFUR3fPQ.jpg
    LARCuj+HSLuH81TFUR3fPQ.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.