Intellicenter/Pump not communicating?

cperry115

May 16, 2023
Corpus Christi tx
Good Morning, Thanks for the forum. i have spent the 1.5 days reading and searching your site and have learned a lot. yet I have not found my particular issue shared . we noticed our pump had quit running and was not communicating with the intellicenter, i rebooted , checked all breakers in the intellicenter and no luck yet. the pump is working when programmed or turned on manually so we are moving water just not on our program schedule. our pool is a little over a year old and this is the first time we have had an issue with either, we did have some storms come thru Friday night (5days) back. I am getting "key error" on my pump screen , I am in in auto mode. any advice is appreciated

Key error sounds like a pump key pad issue???

When the pump is being controlled by the IntelliCenter, the display should show "Display not active"

When in the Service mode, or when the com link between the pump and the IntelliCenter is not working, the pump should show an RPM screen and should allow you to run the pump from the pump's control panel.

The pump is normally controlled by the little RS-485 cable plugged into the pump's control panel.

What else is on your RS-485 bus? Do you have an IntelliChlor SWCG? A Pentair remote of some type?

Tell me when you see this "Key Error"

I suggest that you contact you pool builder and have the problem fixed under warranty..

Thanks,

Jim R.

If the equipment is new and was installed by the builder, it should be under warranty. Contact Pentair directly. Get the S/N and Model number off the pump first.

That failure looks like a key pad issue. I 'think' that the RS-485 chip is part of the key pad and that is why you have no com with the pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.