IntelliCenter lost connection to both Intelliflo Pumps

RoyH

Gold Supporter
In The Industry
Mar 2, 2020
Farmersville, TX
I came home to find that my intelliflo vs pool pump wasn’t running per the schedule today.
I checked the IntelliCenter, and it showed the pump was on per the schedule, but when I checked the pump status, it said “Lost connection”.

I checked the display on the pump, and it showed RPM... not “Display inactive” even though it is in Auto mode.

I checked the lights and other features plugged into the intellicenter and they all work. However, I have another Intelliflo VS pump used for a waterfall feature and I can not turn it on via the intellicenter. I checked it’s status and it says lost connection. The pump display shows RPM, same as the main pump.

I am able to start both pumps manually from the display, even though the intellicenter is in Auto mode.

this just happened overnight. We did have a bad electrical storm yesterday and I got home late and didn’t see the pool, so not sure if it might have knocked something out?
I have turned off/on the main breaker in the house to the intellicenter and have turned off/on all the breakers on the intellicenter and reset the panel. Still no connection to pumps.

system is less than a year old, so I can call my Pentair rep, but thought I would check here for anything obvious. I have manually turned the pump on, so the pool doesn’t turn green while I try to get the connection issue resolved.

thanks again for your help in advance.

Attachments

• BE5C12E3-9A86-48D5-97D3-65B7F1DAD2BD.jpeg
    BE5C12E3-9A86-48D5-97D3-65B7F1DAD2BD.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 58DFA7D0-81A9-46A3-A108-A55AD5390B80.jpeg
    58DFA7D0-81A9-46A3-A108-A55AD5390B80.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 8
Roy,

Sounds to me like you have lost your RS-485 driver chips on one of the boards inside the IntelliCenter.. I am not sure which card has the chips.. Do you have anything else that uses the RS-485 com port??

Pentair should fix it under warranty unless it is very obvious that it was taken out by lightning.

Calling @MyAZPool .. Do you know which card has the RS-485 comport??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Roy,

Sounds to me like you have lost your RS-485 driver chips on one of the boards inside the IntelliCenter.. I am not sure which card has the chips.. Do you have anything else that uses the RS-485 com port??

Pentair should fix it under warranty unless it is very obvious that it was taken out by lightning.

Calling @MyAZPool .. Do you know which card has the RS-485 comport??

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim,
Yes, it's the mother card (main board).
r.
EDIT: I should note that there appears to be an uptick in bad mother cards lately. Everything from COM port issues, touchscreens, logic modules, etc. I don't know exactly what is going on but I'm guessing that because of Covid, alternate supply chains may have been implemented which has caused their QC to take a dump.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.