IntelliCenter --- IntelliChlor IC60 vs. Jandy Truclear?

tomas21

Gold Supporter
Jan 24, 2020
California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
New pool build forthcoming...

Background: Plan to go primarily with Pentair equipment with automation (IntelliCenter i10PS, IntelliPh... etc)

Looking for input/experiences:
  • Been reading lately good success and maintenance on the Jandy TruClear but not sure what I will give up in terms of automation if I were to entertain it.
    • I know the IntelliPh and IC60 are chained together to automate them.. though IntelliPh still manually configured locally.
  • What do you give up with automation if you were to go Jandy TruClear vs. Pentair IC60?
  • Is the Jandy Truclear better than IC60 in any way making it worth it for whatever tradeoff's may be incurred?

Last edited:
You give up any ability fo see the status or change setting on your SWG with mixing the Jandy Truclear

I think you are confused about a few things..
  • The IC60 is IntelliChlor not iChlor - those are two different Pentair products
  • The Biggest Jandy TruClear is for a 30K size pool
  • The IntelliChlor IC60 is for a 60K size pool
  • So you are not comparing apples with apples
  • We recommend the SWG be 2X the pool volume. So the TurClear is suitable for around a 15K pool and the IC60 for a 30K and above pool.
  • The IntellipH integrates with the IntelliChlor and turns off the SWG while it dispenses acid

You give up any ability fo see the status or change setting on your SWG with mixing the Jandy Truclear

I think you are confused about a few things..
  • The IC60 is IntelliChlor not iChlor - those are two different Pentair products --- typo, yes I meant the IntelliChlor
  • The Biggest Jandy TruClear is for a 30K size pool
  • The IntelliChlor IC60 is for a 60K size pool
  • So you are not comparing apples with apples
  • We recommend the SWG be 2X the pool volume. So the TurClear is suitable for around a 15K pool and the IC60 for a 30K and above pool. -- Our pool will be about 30K
  • The IntellipH integrates with the IntelliChlor and turns off the SWG while it dispenses acid

Looks like the IC60 based on SWG 2x recommendation and retaining automation capabilities.. unless there is a larger version of the Truclear that is worth looking at

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.