Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have several schedules set up in intellicenter, where pump speed and heater temps change throughout the day (and different for weekdays vs weekends). All schedules have heater mode on ( though again with different temps).

I now have 4 days ahead of me with rain and colder temps when I know no one will be swimming, so I'd like to permanently override the scheduled heat so that for those next 4 days heater stays off.

Without amending the specific heat temps set within each of those 10+ schedules, is there a simpler way to just turn the heater off so that those heat calls are ignored?

I can't just turn off heater breaker since heater is using same breaker as the filter pump and I still want the pump on albeit without heat...

Thx for any suggestion!

Go to the Heat Mode and turn it off. I do not see why that would disrupt the other data.

Thx Marty - that would be labour intensive in my case because I have several schedules kicking on/off every day and I would need to reset the heat mode to OFF every time the new schedule kicks in (since they are all heated albeit with different temps).

However, if this is helpful to anyone else, I found the solution - or at least a very easy workaround: using the Intellicenter "vacation" mode. I just realized that I can set different "vacation" schedules, and I indeed set those "vacation" schedules to mirror exactly my other daily/weekly schedules, with the exception that the heat mode under vacation is set to OFF. This way, whenever the weather is bad and for a few days I I know the pool is not going to be used but I still want the same circulation/filtration/chlorination, I can just tap vacation mode as needed...and then turn it off to regular mode. This seems to work really well.

Good job. I just had time to quickly look at the Intellicenter manual and it appeared turning the Heat Mode off would work for all the schedules -- but obviously not.

Good job. I just had time to quickly look at the Intellicenter manual and it appeared turning the Heat Mode off would work for all the schedules -- but obviously not.
Yeah - I'm quickly realizing Pentair's system is good - but not the most intuitive... I had assumed that too at first!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.