Intellicenter and Ultratemp

Sep 13, 2018
Orlando, FL
I am installing an Ultra temp on my pool. The heat pump was running before I changed it to RS-485. I can not make it run from the Intellicenter. I get UltraTemp (ERR) on the Interllicenter display The address is set to 3 on both.
The "heartbeat" indicator on the heat pump is on. Please see attached pictures.

IMG_9294.jpgIMG_9296.jpg

What I am doing wrong??? Any suggestions to fix this???
Thanks in advance

Bullpunch
Okay. Yea, one might think that Pentair would include that bit of information in a note on PP31 (Connecting a Pentair UltraTemp® and Hybrid™ Heat Pump to the Load Center) of the IntelliCenter Control System Installation Guide. For some reason, I'm not surprised :).

I did find a NOTE however, pertaining to this fact on pp13 of the ULTRATEMP Heat Pump Installation and User’s Guide.

2019-12-10_15-19-54.jpg

Let me know if you have any issues regarding obtaining or installing those beta updates with reference to your ULTRATEMP and I will be happy to assist if I can or if you have any questions regarding programming.
Take care...
r.

Hi, got back home and this morning installed the solar sensor. Now I can control the Ultratemp.
But, after a minute I get "high refrig" error. Checked the Bypass was closed, increased pump rpms, but error persists.
Even checked filter and it it clean...
Any suggestion??

Last edited:
Hi, got back home and this morning installed the solar sensor. Now I can control the Ultratemp.
But, after a minute I get "high refrig" error. Checked the Bypass was closed, increased pump rpms, but error persists.
Even checked filter and it it clean...
Any suggestion??
Bullpunch
Looks like you were on the right track as it appears from the manual that the main cause of that error is insufficient water flow/pressure.
I would now give Pentair Tech Support and have them go through their troubleshooting steps with you and get you those beta updates for your IntelliCenter.
That should help to work this and other issues out.
r...

Did you try running the Ultra HP with your pump at 100% rpms?

"high refrig" error is likely low on refrigerant. A HP is an AC system operating backwards. You need to get an AC repair person to hookup his gauges to the HP and check the refrigerant pressures.

Well everything seem to be working fine. Called my pool guy and he suggested to drop the power to the heat pump breaker. Did it and everything seem to be good.
From 70 to 82 in 6 hours. Finally got into my new pool. The kids did join me !! (My kids are 16 and 21)
Thanks everybody.
Now to fine tune the pump timer and everything else.
A lot of questions coming!!

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.