Intellicenter and Heater

JustRad

May 14, 2022
WI
Question: I have the Pentair Intellicenter and Pentair heater. The Intellicenter app and main unit match up however when I look at the heat setting on my Pentair heater, it doesn't match to the heat setting.
Any advice as to why that is?
I first noticed it at the end of last year's pool season, updated the firmware this year and the heater setting on the Intellicenter and heater still don't align.

Thoughts?

Welcome to TFP.

You should set the setpoint on the heater to 104F and leave it there.

The IntelliCenter does not send the heater setpoint you set to the heater. So if you set the heat on the IntelliCenter to be 90F the heater will not know it and always display its setting of 104F or the current water temperature.

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm not understanding your answer. The Heather's setpoint is set at 80 and the max at 82. So the pool water temp is at 80. However when I adjust the schedule temp through the app or main intellicenter until to, say, 72, the pool stays heated to 80. If I try turning up the heat via the app, it stays at 80. It seems the only way I can control the water temp is to manually adjust the actual heater.

Help please

Let’s work out some basics.

What model heater do you have?

Is it connected to the IntelliCenter by the fireman’s switch or using the RS-485 data link?

If the IntelliCenter is controlling the heater you should not be adjusting the temperature controls on the heater control panel.

On you post above it is not clear when you are talking about temperature set in the IntelliCenter, temperature set on the heater control panel, or actual water temperature of the pool.

The Heather's setpoint is set at 80 and the max at 82.
Turn the heater's max to 90 and the heater set point to 90.

Then, the Intellicenter should control the heater.

See manual for instructions.

How is the heater connected to the Intellicenter?

Is it connected to the fireman's switch or a different way?

Last edited:
MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE SET POINT
1. Unbolt and remove the door panels (see Figure 32).
2. Access the control panel board on the underside of the top cover. Locate
the yellow button on the corner of the control board.
3. Push the Max. Temp. Set Point button on the back of the control
board (see Figure 33).
The following sequence should happen:
A. The unit will come on and the POOL ON light will come on.
B. Press the STEMP or T TEMP pad (on TOP of the panel) to set
maximum pool temperature.
C. Wait up to 30 seconds; the POOL ON light will go off and the
SPA ON light will come on. To override the time delay, push the
Max. Temp. Set Point button again.
D. Press the STEMP or T TEMP button on the control panel
and set maximum spa temperature to 104°F (40°C) or less.
E. Wait up to 30 seconds; the SPA ON light will go off and
the unit will shut down. To override the time delay, push
the Max. Temp. Set Point button again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.