Intellicenter add on cards needed?

Mattgintx

Feb 14, 2020
Waco Tx
My pool is nearing completion. My pool builder was very up front in saying they have never used an intellicenter but happy to install one for us.

I have a pool/spa combo with sheer descents and laminar water features.

My builder is installing 3 intelliflo pumps. When I was reading around I saw something referencing that the intellicenter supports two pumps out of the box and that I would need an add on card for more pumps. Is this true and if so which cArd?

I’m also most likely going to need 4 intellivalves. Two came with the intellicenter and from what I read it seems like I might have gotten lucky as the intellicenter supports 4 out of the box. Is this true?

If any more information is needed please just let me know and thanks in advance

Matt

The intellicenter will support 4 valves out of the box. 2 are preprogrammed as Intake and Return, so you cannot assign any functionality to them. The other 2 can be assigned to any circuit you can create.

A little more information on your equipment, model #'s etc, and how you are wanting to control your system would be helpful to understand if any additional hardware may be necessary.

I don't know about the # of pumps. I am running two pumps, one for my water features the other for the pool/spa.

1652182264336.png

The setup screen indicates up to 16 pumps. If they are RS-485 communicating pumps, I think you just need to have them addressed properly and there should be no issues. But that is a guess.

Calling @MyAZPool and @rstrouse to see if they have any idea about the pumps.

--Jeff

That helps quite a bit.

I’m wanting to control the sheer descents, the 3 Laminars and bubblers on the tanning ledge all separately. The Laminars have their own pump as do the sheer descent. Their is a raised spa also that overflows into the pool.

I’m assuming I don’t need an intellivalve for the sheer descents or the Laminars since they both have their own pump that can be turned on/off or change the speed via the intellicenter.

Also I’m assuming the two preprogrammed for intake and return means changing the intake from pool or spa modes and changing the return for pool/spa modes

I’m thinking I’ll need an Intellivalve for the bubblers in the tanning ledge. As I’m thinking about it I might only need the one additional valve as their are seperate pumps for the Laminars/sheer descent

If you have individual pumps for controlling 2 of the 3 water features, you should be able to control everything without adding the valve expansion module.

Yes the preprogrammed intake/return valves are for switching between pool/spa, or for the spa spillover feature.

1 intellivalve for the bubblers is all you will need. Unless you are adding a heater bypass. In which case you may have the onboard bypass valve connection on the heater, or you can use the second intellivalve included with your intellicenter for the heater.

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.