Intellibrite trip gfci outlet

Jfmillaire

Jun 28, 2020
Montreal
Hi
I have an 110v intellibrite wired to a GFCI outlet on the side of easytouch from Pentair. I replaced the GFCI and the lights is making it trip everytime I turn them on.

Here’s the setup. A 15A breaker wired to the line side of gfci. The neutral from breakeron neutral bus. Hot load side of gfci to relay line and relay-load back to lights. Neutral from lightwired to neutral load side of gfci.

why is the gfci popping?

So you have a gfci breaker going to a gfci outlet with a push button reset on it?
When the nuetral iant correct the breaker will just trip. If I'm reading it right you said the nuetral from the breaker. The only breaker with nuetral is a gfci breaker. If so wire the hot from breaker to a regular outlet hot side. The nuetral pigtail to the nuetral bus bar. The nuetral from outlet to the silver nuetral screw on breaker. Ground from outlet to ground bar in easytouch. Your done. No need for additional gfci outlet the breaker handles it.

If I'm not following what you posted please post pics of it all amd I'll explain how to wire it

Thanks, maybe the oulet story mixed things up. Light was on an GFCI outlet for 4 years and worked. Tried to hookup garden lights, decided to use a separate GFCI outlet and it's own transformer after all. Rewired the pool light and it keeps tripping the GFCI outlet. Went for the GFCI breaker instead and still tripp. If the light is wired directly to hot and neutral without GFCI it works. Whenever I pressed the aux 2 and circuit is completed, it pops. Here's my current setup:
pool light diagram.JPG

Last edited:
I'm still confused as to details but irrelevant. The diagram you posted is the correct wiring. I deal with Hayward amd their automation panels have hot amd nuetral on the relays. I always use the nuetral off the relay instead of direct as it can cause nuisance trips. If you can take the nuetral directly to the nuetral bar amd the light works then there is resistance being generated in the light wiring somewhere kicking the gfci breaker. You have only the light amd nothing else on that breaker as shown in the diagram above?
And how about previous to this you had a regular breaker amd a gfci outlet amd it worked wired in that way?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.