Intellibrite controller wiring...please help!!

Apr 6, 2018
Orlando, Fl
I have a pentair Intellibrite Light that I want to hook up the pentair Intellibrite controller to. The light was previously controlled by a normal light switch. The light and controller are 120v. My issue is there are 3 wires coming from old switch box. Green, red , black and 3 wires coming from the controller red, black and white. Can someone advise what goes where? I’m assumin red goes red, black goes black like the instructions say. I don’t know what to do with the white on the switch since I don’t have a white coming from the box and I know it doesn’t go to the green. Where does white go?

thanks

Hang in there. I will open up my controller to verify when I get back home from running errands[emoji3]

Jim,

Are you sure there is not a white neutral wire buried in the back of the old switch box? "If" this is a standard 120 volt switch box, you would think there would be one???

Do you have a volt meter? Have you tested the wiring to see what voltage is there?

Where does the power to this light switch come from? I would think that it has to come from some GFCI device somewhere??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Just to confirm Brian and Jim, black to black, white to white and red to red. It appears that you don't have a neutral. Here is the back of my controller. I will add it to my post also.
dbtgallery.php

Ok yes, you guys are so right. The neutral wire is not ran to the old switch....I just opened up jbox and found the nuetral stopped there. So I will need to tap a neutral wire into that and run it to the switch (approx 5 ft)...so last question, where do I buy the white wire? And what gauge?

thanks, jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.