Intellibrite and intellicenter

drglanton

Bronze Supporter
Apr 11, 2020
Atlanta
I have installed my intellibrite lights. They Re connect directly to. Pentair powder step down.

1. Does the transformer hAve to be connected to a GFCI?

2. When the lights power on, The intellibrite just a stay and do not respond to any commands in the panel.

I have installed my intellibrite lights. They Re connect directly to. Pentair powder step down.

1. Does the transformer hAve to be connected to a GFCI?

2. When the lights power on, The intellibrite just a stay and do not respond to any commands in the panel.
The transformer line voltage power conductor (black wire) from the transformer should be connected to the LOAD side of a power relay.
The Line Voltage side of the power relay should be connected to a 15A single pole breaker (and YES, it should be a GFCI circuit breaker). Connect the neutral and ground in accordance with the instructions for the GFCI breaker.

Note: If you are not qualified and proficient in swimming pool electrical installation practices and procedures, please consult with a licensed professional that IS!

In the IntelliCenter web client, at the touchscreen or in your mobile phone app, name the associated power relay (AUX Circuit) in SETTINGS > SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > CIRCUITS. The "Circuit Type" should be designated as IntelliBrite.
1593870862432.png

That is the circuit that controls the light or lights (if you have more than one low voltage IntelliBrite light connected to that transformer).

Then when you select that AUX Circuit, the light(s) will illuminate or when you select a various color or light show, that power relay will cycle on and off a number of times (you will hear it clicking if standing next to the panel) until it arrives at the selected color or light show (usually). it's not 100% perfect.

That's all there is to it.
Thanks...
r.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.