Instructions For Removing and Disassembling Pool Filter Core - Pentair CC100

bxcrwlly

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 3, 2012
Central Florida
Searched far and wide for a video or written instructions on how to take apart my filter core on a Pentair CC100 filter. I wanted to remove it for a thorough cleaning. It disconnects about half way; however, I can't seem to remove the section that attaches to the filter housing. Also looking for info on how to take apart each section of the core. I tried calling Pentair Support Line but the wait time borders on ridiculous.

Your feedback appreciated.

Tks kimkats. Yes, I reviewed the manual before posting. There wasn't any information regarding the core removal/disassembly. I found a few of those videos online as well. They dealt primarily with filter cleaning vs. core/manifold removal. Guess I'll keep looking.

I found this response from an old post on another forum:

"If the core is cracked and needs to be replaced, this is held in place by groves that the core slides into. There should be nothing that prevents it from sliding up however so removal is just pulling up. You might have to sort of wiggle it back and forth but there's no real tricks I can suggest."

Hope fully it's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

From the pictures I can find, I don't see any screw holes. So unless it's a twist lock type of thing. The pull straight out seems to be the right way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.