Instapark Betta review

They can't be making money paying all these shipping fees! Mine's never run better after last fix, but it's only been a few days. It's like they supercharge it, because mine ran for 3 days straight (and nights) before red lights came on! And now it doesn't take much sun to get it going (where I used to have to set it in the sun for a couple hours to get it to run 5 or 6 hours). If they'd sell a charger for it, I'd buy one! Just hope they don't do out of business!

They want me to send it back for repair, or I can opt for a whopping $150 discount on the new SE. Come on, I just spent like $650 on this thing not even a year ago... And I also no longer have the box :(

e: It must have known I submitted a warranty claim, because it's zooming around my pool this morning just fine. Sigh.

Last edited:
Mine has been nope rope approved (copperhead)… yeah had to deal with this after work today…. Lol! Luckily my neighbor is a biologist and ain’t scared….. my wife might not ever get back in the pool now though…IMG_4862.jpegIMG_4861.jpegIMG_4860.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4860.jpeg
    IMG_4860.jpeg
    568.5 KB · Views: 8
Oh my god wow. How on earth do you get it out? Just hope it goes away one night?

I get spiders inside mine, which I found quite odd for a bot that just swims around the pool. I like to picture them jumping off the pool deck trying to catch a ride.

Reactions: Orion7319
Oh my god wow. How on earth do you get it out? Just hope it goes away one night?

I get spiders inside mine, which I found quite odd for a bot that just swims around the pool. I like to picture them jumping off the pool deck trying to catch a ride.
I ran to my neighbors house! Lol! They catch all the neighborhood copperheads. Grabbed it with a harbor freight grabber tool and put it in a plastic bin. Released it in the culvert behind my house.

I ran to my neighbors house! Lol! They catch all the neighborhood copperheads. Grabbed it with a harbor freight grabber tool and put it in a plastic bin. Released it in the culvert behind my house.
Oh my. I hope that culvert doesn’t flow south to me! . Maybe he was going after the frog that used mine to get to the other side of the pool. (2022)

Attachments

• IMG_3993.jpeg
    IMG_3993.jpeg
    648.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1229.jpeg
    IMG_1229.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 13
Mine has been nope rope approved (copperhead)… yeah had to deal with this after work today…. Lol! Luckily my neighbor is a biologist and ain’t scared….. my wife might not ever get back in the pool now though…View attachment 508939View attachment 508940View attachment 508941
I’m not saying it wasn’t a copperhead but this blurb from SC DNR suggests that it could be a different snake that looks like a copperhead. The key is close inspection but as the article points out no one really wants to do that! SCDNR - Wildlife Information

And from Clemson Extension. Identifying Copperhead Snakes

I’m doing this so I won’t be afraid to go in my pool again!

I’m not saying it wasn’t a copperhead but this blurb from SC DNR suggests that it could be a different snake that looks like a copperhead. The key is close inspection but as the article points out no one really wants to do that! SCDNR - Wildlife Information

And from Clemson Extension. Identifying Copperhead Snakes

I’m doing this so I won’t be afraid to go in my pool again!
Nope it was a copperhead. He was mad when the grabber got him and struck at it. Definitely had fangs and square head.

Reactions: Bam Bam
Oh my. I hope that culvert doesn’t flow south to me! . Maybe he was going after the frog that used mine to get to the other side of the pool. (2022)
My neighbors are the type that won’t kill anything, and so we released it… but the spot I picked was right under the mated red shoulder hawks nest… they are being very vocal this AM.. so

Reactions: Bam Bam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My neighbors are the type that won’t kill anything, and so we released it… but the spot I picked was right under the mated red shoulder hawks nest… they are being very vocal this AM..
Mrs. Red Hawk said to Mr. Red Hawk - My what big fangs he has!
I consulted with my master naturalist professor about the fear of going into the water. He said:
Wow. pics are small on my end, but I think I see hourglass patters on back = copperhead. It is very uncommon for them to be out for a swim, so I think they are safe to reenter. Definitely a unique find!

Austin Jenkins
Naturalist
natureprofessor.com

Just got a new SE and it's working great. If anyone is having issues with small bugs and debris coming out of the Betta when it backs up, I solved the problem by putting some fiber fill / filter floss in the skimmer basket. I have a screened pool in Florida and I have a continuous supply of small gnats dropping into the pool, with virtually no other debris. The filter floss works great by trapping the bugs and not allowing them to flow out when the Betta reverses. BTW...a couple of hair nets thrown into the basket works too as that's the only thing I had before getting the floss.

Reactions: tcat
My B2 still doing good after repair. A bit odd, but quiet and moving! Odd in that it had green lights 24/7 for about 3 days straight, then started acting more normal red lights in shade for too long or night, but back to green quickly. Then red lights, then no lights (looked dead). Turned it off and back on, been normal or better ever since.

Love the hair net idea! It really needs a flapper that prevents stuff from exiting when it's not moving.

Mine is still chugging along. Noisy as crud but still going. One LED is completely out no red or green.

Just got a new SE and it's working great. If anyone is having issues with small bugs and debris coming out of the Betta when it backs up, I solved the problem by putting some fiber fill / filter floss in the skimmer basket. I have a screened pool in Florida and I have a continuous supply of small gnats dropping into the pool, with virtually no other debris. The filter floss works great by trapping the bugs and not allowing them to flow out when the Betta reverses. BTW...a couple of hair nets thrown into the basket works too as that's the only thing I had before getting the floss.

Pictures please. Need to see how this works and looks. That is annoying about its reversing feature, and just when it stops running it tends to spill stuff out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support