Holly Springs, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
After using a Loop-Loc mesh safety cover for the last 13 years, I now have a solid Loop-Loc safety cover. Last Sunday was my first time installing a solid cover. I started laying it out across the surface of the pool like I did the mesh cover. When water started getting on top of the cover, I realized I couldn't use the same installation procedure as the mesh. With the mesh, as you starting pull on the spring to the deck anchors, you didn't worry about water since it drained down through the cover. With the solid cover, I was facing 100s of pounds of water on top of the cover. I had to be more strategic in the install. I had to start at one end of the pool and slowly work toward the other end. At each seam where the springs are located, I had to slowly pull back on the spring to let the water drain off the cover toward the unconnected end of the cover before engaging the spring on the anchor.

Just something for you to think about if you are considering a solid cover.

You can install the cover by just pulling it over the pool without getting any water on top.

Go to 11:00 in the below video to see a solid cover installation with no water getting on top of the cover.

Last edited:
You can install the cover by just pulling it over the pool without getting any water on top
Psssssssssh. !!!! Me and Homebrew are WAY too stubborn to ask for help. Why do it the easy way when you can struggle like a MAN ??? It helps build character.

• Haha
Reactions: gonfishin
Psssssssssh. !!!! Me and Homebrew are WAY too stubborn to ask for help. Why do it the easy way when you can struggle like a MAN ??? It helps build character.

Well, I have to say there were two reasons for my struggle. One was caused by the way the cover was shipped. It was folded along the length of the pool, not the width. Unfolding it across the pool when it is 40 foot long is difficult. The second reason was my fault. As we started to put the pull cover across the surface, one of the water returns filled the top of the cover with water. I forgot to shut the pump off before starting. Although watching the video, I wonder what cover that was being installed. I have the Ultra Loc III which weighs over 100 lbs. The two guys installing the cover didn't look like they had to use much effort to unfold and move the cover. That or I need to find someone other than my wife to help.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.