Installing Intex 12x24 AGP,,,,,questions

I certainly will! The other wrinkle in my install is my 42” gate to get into my back yard, I’m gonna have to probably install a bigger gate for any equipment to get into the back yard. On the plus side that will allow me to get a riding mower out back, which will be god for my old knees.
I got a rider a few years ago finally, one of my favorite purchases of all time I have to admit.

Reactions: CurtisPDX
Well, how goes it Curt?

It’s going, or trying to go! I just got a couple quotes to have the site leveled, plus have a dying pear tree removed. Now I just need to get the work scheduled so I can get pavers and gravel down and start pool setup. If I remember right you used the 3/4” 4x8 sheets of insulation, do you think if I went 1” it would be ok? Sorry about late reply, we hit the beach for a long weekend and I was in vacation/beer mode.

Reactions: sammckin
Hi everyone! Im new to this site and its our first time purchasing AGP. I had a guy installed it for us and when I filled it with water I noticed its not leveled on one side. Any suggestions how to level it without draining? I contacted the guy who installed it but I doubt he’ll get back to us. In addition, he did not put any paver in any of the legs. Will that be a problem in the future?

Hi everyone! Im new to this site and its our first time purchasing AGP.

welcome to TFP! You'll get more attention if you post your issue as a separate thread.

However, Mickelin is absolutely correct. You need to drain your pool, level the site, and set pavers under each leg or you'll have a catastrophe on your hands. Please start a new thread and we can give you more advice.

It’s going, or trying to go! I just got a couple quotes to have the site leveled, plus have a dying pear tree removed. Now I just need to get the work scheduled so I can get pavers and gravel down and start pool setup. If I remember right you used the 3/4” 4x8 sheets of insulation, do you think if I went 1” it would be ok? Sorry about late reply, we hit the beach for a long weekend and I was in vacation/beer mode.
I actually used half inch foam and it feels great. About $100 at lowes for that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The advice above is excellent.
  • 4" pavers for sure - why skimp at this stage?
  • The foam insulation provides a nice bottom. I double-taped with gorilla tape and it's been good for five years so far.
  • Instead of sand, a lot of people use crusher run (I believe that's what it's called, it's been a while). It compacts better. That said, I used masonry sand and it's worked fine. Just use that material to smooth the small ( < 1") imperfections in the already level soil.
  • Be OCD about the leveling. You should be within one inch end to end and side to side. The peace of mind in the long run is worth it.
  • Think about drainage. Water can wash out sand from under the pool. That's one reason you don't use it to build up a base. I got lazy and filled a low area with sand rather than digging down another couple inches across the entire area. Water washed the sand away. Luckily it just made a tiny depressed area in my pool. The key is for the pavers to never move.

Good luck with the install.

Make sure the pavers are thick, I had to deal with the regular common sized pavers cracking after use. I went with 4x8x16 inch thick pavers and put them side by side.

Thanks Brian, that’s exactly what I did, wasn’t fun!

The advice above is excellent.
  • 4" pavers for sure - why skimp at this stage?
  • The foam insulation provides a nice bottom. I double-taped with gorilla tape and it's been good for five years so far.
  • Instead of sand, a lot of people use crusher run (I believe that's what it's called, it's been a while). It compacts better. That said, I used masonry sand and it's worked fine. Just use that material to smooth the small ( < 1") imperfections in the already level soil.
  • Be OCD about the leveling. You should be within one inch end to end and side to side. The peace of mind in the long run is worth it.
  • Think about drainage. Water can wash out sand from under the pool. That's one reason you don't use it to build up a base. I got lazy and filled a low area with sand rather than digging down another couple inches across the entire area. Water washed the sand away. Luckily it just made a tiny depressed area in my pool. The key is for the pavers to never move.

Good luck with the install.

Thanks for all the great advice. Tomorrow the gravel comes and the fun begins, or not?

Attachments

• 69B63C5E-09B0-416F-B3E3-4868A58ED10E.jpeg
    69B63C5E-09B0-416F-B3E3-4868A58ED10E.jpeg
    858.4 KB · Views: 52
OK, hopefully this is my last question before setting up the pool. So, gravel is in and I still need to compact it. So, my question is,,, when I tamp down the gravel and then put my 1/2” foam in should the foam be even with pavers or should I keep base even with pavers and put 1/2” foam board down, essentially being 1/2” above pavers because it will compress with weight of pool? I feel like I might be overthinking this step, but wanted to ask for piece of mind.

Also, a big thanks to all who have offered their sage advice. This has turned into a much bigger endeavor than I had anticipated but with the input from all here the process has gone much smoother than I thought it would originally. Cheers all!

OK, hopefully this is my last question before setting up the pool. So, gravel is in and I still need to compact it. So, my question is,,, when I tamp down the gravel and then put my 1/2” foam in should the foam be even with pavers or should I keep base even with pavers and put 1/2” foam board down, essentially being 1/2” above pavers because it will compress with weight of pool? I feel like I might be overthinking this step, but wanted to ask for piece of mind.

Also, a big thanks to all who have offered their sage advice. This has turned into a much bigger endeavor than I had anticipated but with the input from all here the process has gone much smoother than I thought it would originally. Cheers all!
Hey buddy, sorry for the delay, pavers level with foam. One big level spot is what you want. Looks awesome man!!!

Hey buddy, sorry for the delay, pavers level with foam. One big level spot is what you want. Looks awesome man!!!

No worries, thanks again Sam! Busy weekend coming up so I’ll put the finishing touches in Monday, then pool goes up! I plan on pool set up and full by next Friday, then I have to start educating myself on chemicals. Pics hopefully mid week to follow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.