Installing above ground pool over French drain, ok or not?

OCanada

Jun 21, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Hi,
My first post here.
Just putting up a Bestway 12' x 39.5" above ground pool. Already have the pavers leveled and the pool in place. Put 2" of water and taken out the wrinkles.
Before I fill completely, my question is, the outer edge of my pool runs over a French drain/ weeping tile installed for drainage in my backyard. Will the weight of my pool crush the weeping tile? Or will the weight be distributed enough not to damage?
I carefully positioned the pavers not on the French drain pipe, but I still have my doubts, and wanted to check with TFP community.
In the attached photo, you will see the curved line of the French drain just inside the rightmost four pavers.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200620_184846.jpg
    20200620_184846.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 27
Welcome to TFP.

Your Bestway 12' x 39.5" above ground pool will have about 2800 gallons of water weighing around 23,000 lbs.

The area of the pool is 113 sq feet. Assuming equal loading that would put 203lbs per square foot. Not more then a man standing on the french drain.

I think you will be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.