Installing a new pool

sabmill

Oct 8, 2021
Virginia
Hello, I’m in the process of installing a new pool with a major pool company.

It has NOT been a smooth process so far, so I’m looking for advice to hopefully lessen our worries.

Attachments

• 4060E9B6-F443-4403-AAD0-07566F2BB083.jpeg
    4060E9B6-F443-4403-AAD0-07566F2BB083.jpeg
    829 KB · Views: 13
Welcome sabmill !!! The process always had speed bumps in good times. COVID and the supply/staffing delays only made it exponentially worse. The great TX freeze of ‘20 made THAT look good as they blew the entire years worth of equipment supply, just for then. Annnnnnnnnnnd then a ship when sideways and backed up 1000 more.

Yeah. :ROFLMAO:

But we LOVE stories and pics so vent anytime. I can tell you from personal experience that I had gut punch delays (to me at the time) with my first build. A season later I’d be looking for support from friends who were over enjoying said pool and they would not listen to one word of it. Not one word. ‘Look at what you did !!! I don’t CARE what it took !!! Stuff it.’ By season 2 I believed them and they were funny stories and not sad ones.

Get a head start on your journey here ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Reactions: sabmill
Welcome sabmill !!! The process always had speed bumps in good times. COVID and the supply/staffing delays only made it exponentially worse. The great TX freeze of ‘20 made THAT look good as they blew the entire years worth of equipment supply, just for then. Annnnnnnnnnnd then a ship when sideways and backed up 1000 more.

Yeah. :ROFLMAO:

But we LOVE stories and pics so vent anytime. I can tell you from personal experience that I had gut punch delays (to me at the time) with my first build. A season later I’d be looking for support from friends who were over enjoying said pool and they would not listen to one word of it. Not one word. ‘Look at what you did !!! I don’t CARE what it took !!! Stuff it.’ By season 2 I believed them and they were funny stories and not sad ones.

Get a head start on your journey here ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
I hope you’re right! I’m looking forward to that day! lol

Reactions: Newdude