Installed strainer and protruding jet in the wrong places!

Aug 10, 2016
NC
I am a new intex sand filter and salt water generator owner and upon taking my first swim today I noticed I installed the strainer in the upper/out position on the pool wall and protruding jet On the intake/lower position! I have only been running the filter pump so far while the salt dissolves. Do I need to drain the pool to switch the parts? Is it very bad to operate the filter with the parts in the wrong places? Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!

I am a new intex sand filter and salt water generator owner and upon taking my first swim today I noticed I installed the strainer in the upper/out position on the pool wall and protruding jet On the intake/lower position! I have only been running the filter pump so far while the salt dissolves. Do I need to drain the pool to switch the parts? Is it very bad to operate the filter with the parts in the wrong places? Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Is it just the fittings you reversed, or is it the water flow reversed as well? While neither will 'hurt' the pump or pool, I'm just trying to understand the situation.

Intex has made some updates to their pools over the last few years, so I'm not sure which version you have. If you have the liner with only one suction and one return fitting that both use the screw-on type hoses, you can just remove the (protruding) eyeball cover from one fitting and screw it onto the other one.

If your water flow is also reversed you can swap the hoses at the pump or the pool. Just be sure to turn off the system and close any valves first.

Thanks for the response and congratulations! I wanted to post a picture when I set up my post, but couldn't figure it out. Maybe it's because of the smart phone. I was able to correct the problem with the help of domct203.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the welcome and response. I was able to unscrew the fittings and switch. I appreciate your help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.