Installation on Concrete Pad Intex

Poolnewbie144

Jul 2, 2020
Littleton, CO
Hi all,
We have an Intex Ultra Frame XTR 32'x16'x52", that we are setting up on a concrete pad and need advice. Last year we had the ground leveled and used the pink insulation boards under the pool itself and wooden boards level with the ground. This year with the slab will obviously be different, slab is 6", 4500 psi, reinforced with rebar and level (not sloped, bonded too). I know we were planning on retaping up the foam board and putting them under the pool to protect the bottom from the concrete. But what do we do for the legs? I worry about the straps rubbing against the concrete and the legs rubbing on the concrete itself. What do you all recommend?

I was worried about the legs on concrete pavers as one of my legs had some small denting last year.
I found some thin (10mm / 3/8”) XPS foam for a good price (sorry it’s UK) which I’ve been experimenting with.
So far it seems to be holding up well but it’s only been down 6 weeks.
EB8680B5-134C-4B9A-8533-E1F4C5F74D2B.png

Reactions: Mdragger88
Does anyone know what these "gorilla" pads are?
Yep, I had one under my Intex. It provides no padding, so a bit of a misnomer. It’s a thin felt like material that is puncture resistant, designed to prevent rocks from poking through or weeds from growing through.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.