Install SWG before or after Polaris dedicated return line

Jul 26, 2018
TX
Installing a SWG chlorinator. Have a dedicated return line with 3/4 hp pump for driving a Polaris that pulls off of the main return line downstream of the filter unit. Should I install the SWG chlorinator before the the tee that feeds the return line pump inlet, or after? Figure before so all the flow from the main pump goes through the chlorinator, whether or not the Polaris pump is running, but just wanted to be sure.

Location A or B in sketch below?
IMG_3397.jpg

I would run it at position B. Usually you do not want to run highly chlorinated water through any of your equipment. What is between A and B? A valve? Can you post pictures of your equipment?

My SWG is in position A. I don't consider the SWG output highly chlorinated. It has been running through my Polaris 380 for years without any problems. The pressure pool cleaners are all plastic and are compatible with chlorine.

The pressure cleaner line is a secondary return when the Polaris is not running. I want the best possible chlorinated water distribution through all returns available,

My SWG is in position A. I don't consider the SWG output highly chlorinated. It has been running through my Polaris 380 for years without any problems. The pressure pool cleaners are all plastic and are compatible with chlorine.

The pressure cleaner line is a secondary return when the Polaris is not running. I want the best possible chlorinated water distribution through all returns available,

My concern was more for the pump not the cleaner. Most SWCGs specify to be last in-line before the pool returns.

My concern was more for the pump not the cleaner. Most SWCGs specify to be last in-line before the pool returns.

Polaris boost pumps seem to be fine with SWG output. Everything in a pump that the water touches is plastic.

What you don't want is the SWG before the heater or filter. So sequence is always FILTER -> HEATER -> SWG -> distribute water to returns

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.